Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Friday, March 1, 2013

ANDREW BYNUM, ON WHETHER HE'LL PLAY THIS SEASON: "I DON'T KNOW"

Andrew Bynum said he's experiencing some swelling in his right knee after last week's 5-on-5 scrimmage, calling it a “four- to five-day setback” and adding that he doesn't feel the need to play to get his next contract

Speaking at PCOM following the 76ers' practice Friday, Bynum said his right knee is his concern. For those keeping score at home, that's the one that had been better and, for the last few months, the left knee (the one he hurt in November while bowling) was the one setting him back.

Bynum said he's not sure if he'll ever play for the Sixers this season.

“Now it's getting really late,” he said. “I don't know.”

As for playing to get his next contract, Bynum said he doesn't feel the need to rush anything. The Sixers have 26 games to go and Bynum, an unrestricted free agent, isn't worried about his next deal.

“Being healthy is more important than everything else,” Bynum said. “If I am healthy, I'll get a deal. I have to be able to play and I need to get to the point where I'm healthy to play.”

Check back to the blog for more later today, and pick up Saturday's Daily Times for the full story.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home